I am an experienced senior marketer with the strategic and analytical mindset and skills required to succeed in modern multichannel markets. I create high performing teams and foster an environment for professional growth and development. I am an expert at digital change management and taking digital strategies to the highest standards.
I have been contracting for the last year to broaden my skill set. I am now looking for a permanent role.
|Marketing strategy||Google Ads & Paid social (PPC)|
|Team Leadership||Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)|
|Content marketing||Analytics & data|
FUNCTIONAL EXPERTISE DEMONSTRATED
The Restaurant Group, London Feb 2019 –
A significant player in the UK casual dining market, operating over 500 restaurants and pubs, with brands like Frankie & Benny’s, Wagamama and Chiquito.
Digital Marketing Manager
Leading the team and digital strategy development and execution across all channels and multiple brands.
MintTwist, London Sep 2018 – Jan 2019
A full service creative and digital marketing agency based in Central London.
Interim Digital Marketing Manager (Contract)
Led on paid advertising, including Google Adwords and social media. Worked on government tenders and managed large campaigns for brands including City University, Cass Business School and Goldsmiths University.
• PPC/Google Ads: Set up and managed search, display, YouTube, display and remarketing campaigns across several brands.
• Social Media Advertising: Managed campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.
• Marketing Strategy: Contributed to creating and delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns across B2B and B2C industries including education, retail and finance. Instrumental in implementing the latest marketing technology for the company and training the teams.
Ennovation House, London — Feb 2018 – Aug 2018
An in-house digital marketing agency specialising in e-commerce in the UK, Scandinavia, Germany and France.
Head of Marketing (Contract)
Set up and led the London office for the agency. Responsible for account management, strategy development and implementation, recruitment and internal business processes.
• Team Leadership: Managed a remote team in Belgrade, then went on to build a team of 8 from 5 countries in London, and developed and executed the strategic marketing plan.
• Marketing Strategy: Identified SEO as the best channel and built a plan to bring the new brand up to the same level as top competitors in under six months across all six languages.
• Project Managment: Set out day to day tasks and targets while implementing quality protocols in order to ensure the team was able to deliver the project to deadline. Delivered the project having completed over 1,500 fully SEO-optimised pages in six months.
Natterbox & Red Matter, Croydon — Jan 2017 – Feb 2018
A B2B cloud telephony company that enables organisations to integrate their phone system with Salesforce.
Digital Marketing Manager
Led the digital acquisition and conversion strategy, including funnel optimisation and implementation of marketing automation with Salesforce Pardot.
• Marketing Strategy: Identified key channels for reaching the audience. Revamped the lead handling process building a new funnel. Built a multi-channel content strategy revolving around personas. Grew revenue from digital channels 67% year-on-year.
• SEO: Restructured the website to target the right keywords with the correct landing pages for an improved user journey. Managed the relationship with search and design agencies during the building of a new website, ensuring the optimisation of technical factors, such as page speed. Oversaw digital PR and link building to raise website and company profile. SEO-driven leads grew 109% year-on-year as a result.
• Social Media: Modernised the social media presence in relevant channels via a new design. Optimised posting tactics, including automation and scheduling. Ran ad campaigns through LinkedIn. Social media driven leads grew 152% year-on-year.
Clinova Ltd, London — Apr 2016 – Jan 2017
A UK-based global consumer healthcare company focused on wellness, nutrition and natural health.
Chief Digital Officer
From four basic websites, I built a modern, functional e-commerce operation with structures and funnels in place for customer acquisition, fulfillment, retention and loyalty. In addition to crafting and setting up the entire digital marketing strategy, I led SEO and PPC marketing efforts, and recruited a team of 5 to execute social media, SEO and e-mail campaigns.
• Marketing Strategy / ‘Growth Hacking’: Designed a customer acquisition funnel by mapping the customer journey, and acquired the right marketing technology stack to reach the audience and measure impact. Across the five websites, traffic grew 500%, while revenue across all channels grew by 250% on a four-figure budget.
• PPC and Social Media Advertising: Ran campaigns on Google, Twitter and Facebook. Google includes PPC, Google Shopping, Google Display Ads, YouTube ads and Retargeting campaigns. I successfully designed user journeys using social media funnels based on pages previously visited and not visited.
• SEO: Led SEO and content marketing strategies, managing a team to support implementation and increase sales. This included technical SEO, on-site and off-site optimisation, link building and PR. From below rank 50, I took the top spot in the UK for the main category keyword of the O.R.S brand, “Electrolyte Tablets”.
Wisby Ltd, Croydon — Oct 2014 – Apr 2016
A subsidiary of Hexpress EU, a multinational online healthcare provider.
Website Manager: Digital Marketing
Responsible for all aspects of running a pharmaceutical e-commerce site, including SEM, SEO, content, campaigns, social media, budget planning and affiliate and freelancer management.
• SEO: Grew organic traffic with 614% over one year. Specialising in SEO management and worked on four domains targeting three different countries.
• Website marketing management: Tripled the amount of content on the site and ranked top 1-3 for highly competitive keywords in the medical field. Won award for best website growth 2015 as a result.
• Strategic marketing: Quarterly planning of all activities for the site, including day to day scheduling of tasks, ranging from tactical email campaigns to keyword research and improvement.
• Content Strategy: Responsible for the impressive visibility growth on Google for two domains through the skilful development of current content and diligent production of new text both on the main site and in the blog. Conversion rate increased through improved copywriting.
• Email campaigns: Running regular email campaigns with the aim of developing the customer database.
2014 CupoNation, Munich, Germany. Online Marketing Intern. Pivoted into the digital world.
2009-2013 (with study year in 2012/13): Radisson Blu Hotel Tromsø, Norway: Meeting & Events Coordinator
– Master of Marketing, 2012-2013. Griffith University (Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia)
– Strategy, 2008. Buskerud University College (Hønefoss, Norway)
– Bachelor of Marketing Communication, 2003-2006. Norwegian School of Management (Trondheim, Norway)
– English, Psychology and Philosophy 2000-2002. Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Trondheim)
Other Relevant Information
– Languages: English (fluent), Norwegian (native), German (basic)
– Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools), Google Adwords, Google Data Studio, Screaming Frog, WordPress, Rank Ranger, SearchMetrics, SEMrush, Pure360, Shopify, Buzzstream, Crazyegg, Shopify, Hootsuite, Manage Flitter, Salesforce, Pardot, Lead Forensics, Ahrefs, Moz, Dotmailer.
– Awards: Academic Excellence—Griffith University (2013), Best website development – Wisby Ltd (2015)